Monday, June 13, 2022

French Poly to Fiji - 13 June 2022 1300 local time

Position: 16 degrees 25 minutes South, 160 degrees 18 minutes West
Wind: 14 East
Speed over the ground: 6.0 knots
Sea: 0.8 metres
Distance towards Fiji: 141.48 in 24 hours

it's slow but beautiful out here. I don't think I can remember Askari averaging such low speeds on an ocean passage. The forecast 20 knots of wind today has been mostly 15 and less, overnight it was the same. The good news is that it meant we both had a really great sleep and woke up to a stunning sunny morning, with a gentle blue ocean swell pushing us along kindly. A perfect day to cook the first sour dough bread of the passage; and wow it turned out to be one of the best ever, even though I didn't measure the ingredients as the scales don't like the movement on the boat. I also used our GN espace oven, rather than the combination electric, and I can't believe the results. We had a chunk for lunch with foie pate - delicious!

Andrew did a full boat chafe inspection this morning and I did a few small chores; mending a tear in our bimini and firming up door handles that can loosen with the movement. I even managed a short knap - unheard of in daylight hours. Hence I missed 1200 plot time - 1300 today!

We have been running with full sails - genoa poled out on the port side for over 30 hours now.

Approx 1174 to Savu Savu.

----------
Sent via SailMail, http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment